Sunday, January 07, 2007

 
FIRST, a tip of the hat to my sweet wife, who does such a great job of supporting our family, which allows me to go tilting after windmill after windmill after windmill…

Also to Chris Kula. We met at an Oct 5 World Can’t Wait rally in our Oakland neighborhood, and have been impeachment partners ever since. He created and handles the website impeccably, despite his November wedding and January 1-6 cross-country road trip from NYC to Ocean Beach.

And a deep, deep bow to YOU. Not only for the incredible job you did of forwarding the impeachment movement and enabling the upcoming retaking of our government and our country, but especially for the personal contribution you made to me. To have my 10-year old daughter there on Saturday, and to know that she saw her dad flat-out LOVED by 1,000 people, mostly complete strangers… now THAT, I promise you: priceless.


AND THIS THING AINT OVER: We may get slightly more than our 24 hours in the media spotlight. As I was driving my cab out of the cab lot this morning my phone rang – a man from the… European Press Agency? – he’d heard about some impeachment event – were there any photos they could have? I said, “Are you at a computer?” When he opened our website I heard an audible, “Oooo…” I said he could have them, and asked where they might appear. He said they had a large list of clients, newspapers all over Europe -- I couldn’t catch all the names – and I did hear him say, “five papers in New York, the Washington Post, the L.A. Times…” So, who knows? We were on the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle’s Bay Area Section – black and white. I thought we belonged on front page, in color, but you take what you get, and you keep moving forward.

WHAT’S NEXT – I’ve been hearing this question a lot. I do in fact do have an idea or two. One of them should be pretty easy: one will take a little time to cook. Please stay with me.

The bottom line: I REALLY THINK WE CAN SEE OUR PRESIDENT UNSEATED, AND WHAT WE DID YESTERDAY WAS A GIANT STEP IN THAT DIRECTION. THANK YOU. LET’S KEEP UP THE HEAT ANY WAY YOU CAN.

I’ll be back…

brad

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?