Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 
Topics Below

1. IMPEACHMENT SURGE RALLY TONIGHT!
2. MY HIKE IN THE WOODS
3. BUSH AND CHENEY GONE BY APRIL 1
4. BEACH IMPEACH HAS GIVEN ME SOME POLITICAL CAPITAL, AND NOW I’M GOING TO SPEND IT!



1. IMPEACHMENT SURGE RALLY TONIGHT -- 6 pm, Wednesday, January 10, Under the Clock Tower, Piedmont Av and 41st Street, Oakland, CA 94611. This evening I’m going to take my two-step ladder down to the little plaza under the clock tower in my neighborhood. President Bush is scheduled to start speaking (his new Iraq plan) just a few minutes after 6 pm, and that’s when I’m going to start too. If there is no rally planned in your neighborhood you could start one, but if you’d rather not, then come meet the good folks of Piedmont Avenue. Bring placards, candles, and musical instruments. BRING YOUR KIDS – what better way to teach them democracy! I’m going to invite all the media folks I can – my stock has surged this week, and I’m betting some of them show up. They’re going to need something in opposition to Troop Surge for the evening news, and I don’t see any other events scheduled in the Bay Area, so let’s give them something. My events tend to start pretty promptly and be short, so I wouldn’t recommend coming late or traveling too far.


2. MY HIKE IN THE WOODS: I had a great 8-mile hike an hour’s drive north of San Francisco on Tuesday. I thought I might be able stop thinking for a while. That didn’t happen. I found myself, of course, processing the last ten unforgettable weeks. (The inspiration for the Beach Impeach Project came to me at the kitchen table on a Saturday afternoon in October, about two minutes after my 10-year old daughter asked my wife and me, “Have you ever heard of Google Earth?” -- and exactly ten Saturdays later Beach Impeach images went worldwide.)

I came out of the woods convinced that we Americans can indeed change our government, and more easily than we think we can, and for the good of the world and for the good of our future generations, we simply must.


3. BUSH AND CHENEY GONE BY APRIL 1: I also came out of the woods COMMITTED. Here’s my new goal: Bush and Cheney are gone by April 1. No fooling. I have in my head the outline of an entirely new plan, but it will take me at least 2-4 weeks to “cook” this one...

Except for my webmaster Chris’s help, I organized Beach Impeach virtually single-handedly. This time around, I’m going to need some help. I’ll keep you posted on that… If you’re at the Impeachment Surge Rallly, I’ve got a couple of small jobs I’d like to give away…


4. BEACH IMPEACH HAS GIVEN ME SOME POLITICAL CAPITAL, AND NOW I’M GOING TO SPEND IT! This morning I received an email from someone in Italy containing page 4 of her local paper. I can’t read a word of Italian, but big bold lettering saying “USA protesta nel distretto de Nanci Pelosi -- Sit-in balneare per l’Impeachment a Bush” was above a photo taken by a friend of mine named John Montgomery while he was riding in a helicopter above Ocean Beach Saturday, and, well, I figured it out… someone from a Chinese newspaper called asking for permission to use John’s photos, but I haven’t seen that paper yet… a friend from Pennsylvania emailed that she’d been coming down the stairs into her living room and saw beachimpeach on CNN… and when I got home from the woods this afternoon there was an email from my old writing group leader Donna Levin saying that someone named Sean Hannity had ripped me by name on a national radio show… My email account froze up after Donna’s email came in – I can neither send or receive on my .mac account, so I don’t really know what else may have happened today… But while they’re still talking about beach impeach, I’m going to let my voice be heard…

brad

PS -- IT APPEARS ALL EMAILS SENT TO ME AFTER 11:30 A.M TUESDAY WERE LOST, SO IF YOU SENT ME SOMETHING IMPORTANT YESTERDAY, PLEASE TRY AGAIN

BUSH AND CHENEY GONE BY APRIL 1

Comments:
"SURGE" really means "ESCALATION."

So, when we refer to what Bush is doing, it's ESCALATION.

When we refer to what WE are doing, it should be IMPEACHMENT ESCALATION.

You are our new HERO, Brad. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!
 
Brad,
I'm packing up for the Nat'l Conference on Media Reform- where we will be trying to bring up the big issues- 9/11 Truth, Impeachment, Stolen Elections- which the press has ignored. There is another meeting for impeachment groups in Berkeley Sunday, January 21, 3pm, 2161 Allston Way. I would prefer a hike- or a Beach Impeach event- but meetings can be useful for planning larger events.

Carol Brouillet
 
Hi, Brad. Nice sandshow.

The Fool Day sounds about right, if Bush don't counter with Iran strikes by Israel.

Ormond
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?