Saturday, January 27, 2007

 
Whoa! What a day! Not the over-the-top success we were shooting for, but an exhilarating day in its own way. It’s 5:30 p.m. and I’m just getting back to my hotel room… gorgeous perfect weather, the site was a complete miracle, and my biggest fear (that the Park Police would run us off the minute we started to set up) never materialized (law enforcement never even sniffed at us). But the crowd… the crowd that I’d been so confident in, the 1,000 people I was sure we could siphon off from the huge group nearby… they didn’t materialize. We had 200. After an hour or so of phone-tree work, we decided to scrunch down into a smaller version of “IMPEACH!” Our photographer, David Kidd, directed us via cell phone from the top of the Washington Monument: “Make the “I” a little shorter…. Move that pile of clothes and things away from the exclamation mark… Give the “A” a point instead of having it square… Curve the ends of the “C” better…” Great spirit in the crowd, as at Ocean Beach, but we were all surprised and disappointed by lack of numbers. The photos (I saw one of them on David’s viewfinder) must look great, but they are not the “Wow” images from Ocean Beach. It wasn’t a flop at all, but it wasn’t the knockout I was hoping for. Still, you take what you get, and you go on… I gotta say this, though: No matter the result, days like the one I just had… I’m not sure a guy should be allowed to have this much FUN!

Photos should go up on website – www.bodiescount.org -- within a few hours, I’m told…

More later…

All for now…

Thank you for all your support and interest,

brad

…Bush and Cheney GONE BY APRIL 1…

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?